[whatwg] Internal character encoding declaration

* Ian Hickson wrote:
>Currently the behaviour is very underspecified here:
>
>   http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#documentEncoding
>
>I'd like to rewrite that bit. It will require a lot of research; of
>existing authoring practices, of current UAs, and of author needs. If
>anyone wants to step up and do the work, I'd be very happy to work with
>them and get something sorted out here.

What would be the primary objectives here? It might be possible to
define how to parse for the relevant <meta> element and get that
implemented in multiple implementations, but if that fails there is
not really anything useful to say beyond what's already in the draft,
unless perhaps if it only applies to "<!DOCTYPE html>" documents, and
in that case you'd rather skip the research and define something very
simple.
--
Bj?rn H?hrmann ? mailto:bjoern at hoehrmann.de ? http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Weinh. Str. 22 ? Telefon: +49(0)621/4309674 ? http://www.bjoernsworld.de