[whatwg] diffed versions (CVS)

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Would it be possible to use (public) CVS or Subversion for the drafts
> that are created so its easier to track changes in the document?

Sure.

http://svn.whatwg.org/

Please remind me to check stuff in if I forget.

> Best thing would be if there was some list to which CVS diff-logs would
> be e-mailed or so. Would make it a lot easier to track changes.

I'll leave setting that up as an exercise to the reader. If you want me to
set up a mailing list to use for this, let me know.

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:

> I can help with implementation/hosting of this if necessary. If it is
> decided to go ahead with this, whoever's responsible is welcome to email
> me off-list.

Thanks, but no need. :-)

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Alexey Feldgendler wrote:

> Installing MediaWiki can be an alternative. The spec could be split
> nicely into a number of relatively small topics, and the history of
> modifications would be kept for each of them. MediaWiki shows
> differences between versions in a nice visual layout.

Converting the spec to wiki format is not an option while I'm an editor.

HTH,