[whatwg] Spellchecking proposal #2

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:54:26 +0100
Alexey Feldgendler wrote:
> Check spelling:
> ( ) Never
> (*) As the page author suggests
> ( ) Always

But that really brings out the foolishness of the idea. I can imagine a
user looking at that option and thinking "Duh - how on earth is the page
author ever going to know when and how I want spelling checked?"

What use cases did we come up with where there might be a <textfield> or
<textfield type="text/plain"> where having spell checking always on
would cause problems? Surely the worst that could happen would be some
inappropriate red squiggly underlines. Hardly a disaster.

Gerv