[whatwg] Spellchecking proposal #2

Hi, Ian,

> I'd be happy without the attribute at all, but Mozilla is going to have
> something to enable/disable this feature from markup, and they wanted to
> have a spec for it so they asked WHATWG to provide a strawman. I figure
> it's better to have a spec and an implementation than just an
> implementation...

My 2 cents:

Spellchecker looks like pure behavioral entity.

So I would define this as:

#myeditor
{
    white-space:pre; overflow: auto; ...
    behavior: textarea spellchecker;   /* textarea editor and spellchecker
*/
}

In htmlayout engine each DOM element can have
multiple behaviors assigned, so following:

<textarea id="myeditor">...</textarea>

will behave as a text area editor with spellchecker using
style declaration above.

(in fact behavior:textarea and/or spechecker can be assigned to
any DOM element with display-role: block, (not only textarea)
but this is another story)

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com