[whatwg] Spellchecking proposal #2

On Jun 24, 2006, at 17:02, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> I could easily imagine authors wanting to disable spell checking
> simply because the squiggly red underlines clash with their site's
> colour scheme.

One way to deal with that problem is to ship browsers with spell
checking turned off. Web authors are more likely to focus their
efforts of defeating features that are on by default.

The user could then turn on spell checking everywhere. It isn't
disastrous if the spell checker occasionally draws a squiggly line
under something that doesn't need to be checked. (Unless, of course,
the user is really clueless and cannot judge whether spell checker
results require action or not. Sadly, those users exist.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/