[whatwg] Spellchecking proposal #2

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:49:28 +1000
Matthew Raymond wrote:
>    Another problem is |pattern|. Any spell checking mechanism will have
> to conform to the pattern value provided, which means either a really
> creative spell checking algorithm or turning spell checking off. I think
> the latter is probably the best idea, but it probably shouldn't be "must".

These are all the attributes that a spell checker will have to take into
account:
* type (can only spellcheck type="text")
* accept (known MIME types should make spell checking more intelligent)
* disabled
* readonly
* inputmode (maybe?)
* list (if entered value is in datalist)
* pattern

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/