[whatwg] Mathematics in HTML5

From: White Lynx <whitelynx@operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:47:42 +0400
Alexey Feldgendler wrote:

> How should "formula" be used? There has been some discussion about it.

In case when everything is reduced to fractions and simple indices,
it can be optional. But having such an element is still important for those
who want to mark formulae explictly.

> I've never said that splitting of long fractions is a requirement. That
> was just my answer to the question: "What is excellent typography?"

Yes, but later typography related arguments were used by others against math proposal. I assume there is some kind of consensus on fractions.