[whatwg] oninput event - pasting

From: Shadow2531 <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:36:19 -0400
<http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#the-change>

"this specification introduces the input event. This event is fired on
a control whenever the value of the control changes due to input from
the user"

Does "due to input from the user" mean that *every*, *direct* action
the user *makes on the control* (that changes its value) causes the
event to fire?

Specifically, if I have this:
<textarea oninput="alert('test')"></textarea>

, and right-click and paste into the textarea or ctrl+v into the
textarea to paste,  or select and cut, should the event fire?

I can assume that, the event should fire no matter how the user
changes the value (just as long as it's done directly and not by
invoking a script that changes the value), but I'd like to know for
sure.

Thanks

--
burnout426