[whatwg] [Fwd: Re: Mathematics in HTML5]

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:28:01 +0100
White Lynx wrote:
> James Graham wrote:
>> However,
>> elsewhere on this thread you have convinced me that a lot of CSS work is needed
>> before it can display maths with any degree of complexity in a pleasant manner
>> without requiring extensive, per-formula, adjustments to the style properties
>> that would produce a considerable barrier to authoring.
> Default style sheet will handle arbitrary deep nesting patterns consistently
> withour requiring ad hoc per-formula adjustments.

I was thinking more along the lines of breaking formulae that are wider than the
current column width, getting bracket sizes right without hand tweaking,
uniform-size matrix cells, embedding of formulae inline, and the various other
things that you suggest will not work within CSS.

--
"You see stars that clear have been dead for years
But the idea just lives on..." -- Bright Eyes