[whatwg] Mathematics in HTML5

From: White Lynx <whitelynx@operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:51:01 +0400
Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> You do need to know how to write it though...
> > Need to know how to write a normative DTD???
> No, how to write the math markup. Probably based on some English prose.
Very well.

Hakon Wium Lie wrote:
> I think you make a compelling case for adding math to HTML the simple
> way. Personally, I'm open to adding it to HTML5. How much would it add
> to the specification?
Description of math markup tends to grow larger that it was originally expected, but
I think it is still compact enough.

Ian Hickson wrote:
> What we need, to move forwards on this, would be a full proposal for what
> you want added to HTML5. Currently this thread seems mostly to be along
> the lines of "we should add maths, but we shouldn't make it hard".
Sketch of the proposal is available [1], comments are welcome.
At this stage prose is far from being polished, but I hope it is readable.

[1] Preliminary version of HTML5 math proposal
	http://www.geocities.com/chavchan/html5/proposal.xml
	http://www.geocities.com/chavchan/html5/proposal.pdf