[whatwg] [wa1] Status of tree construction section and SVN interface

On 7/7/06, Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie at antplc.com> wrote:

> I thought I'd have a go at implementing the parsing algorithms, specifically
> the tree construction algorithms, to see what effect it had on the DOM trees
> that our parser creates.  Has anybody else here actually implemented this
> tree construction algorithm?  I'm finding one or two issues that I think may
> be (minor) mistakes, and I'd like to compare notes to see whether I've just
> misunderstood it or whether it is a mistake.

I've been implementing it (to test the spec); I'd be quite happy to
compare notes (either on this list or off-list, as you wish).

Note that I'd definitely not consider that part of the spec "done" yet.

> With the spec changing so frequently, I wanted to make sure I'm catching any
> updates to the relevant parts of the document, so I followed the link in WA1
> to the http://svn.whatwg.org but I just get web pages with the text
> (literally) of the current revision of the specs, rather than access to the
> history logs that WA1 implies I should find there. Neither web browsers nor
> svn itself can talk to that URI.  Am I doing something wrong or is it
> broken?

Subversion should be able to talk to that URI... It's the URI I use to
check in! :-)

--
Ian Hickson