[whatwg] Google research into web authoring techniques

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:14:34 -0500
Ian Hickson wrote:
> Google recently published some (not-very-scientific) research which
> people on this list will probably find interesting:
>
>    http://code.google.com/webstats/index.html
>
> I plan to use this data to guide the development of HTML5. In particular,
> we probably need a <copyright> element.

   Yeah, that's pretty common. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of
that one myself. Unfortunately, I was too focused on block-level
copyright and licensing rather than for the whole document.

   Notice that "date" is in the top twenty for |class| names:

   http://code.google.com/webstats/2005-12/classes.html

   :)