[whatwg] Definition of alt= attribute

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:27:19 +0200
On Jan 24, 2006, at 13:23, Henri Sivonen wrote:

>> ...The point being that that would only be a problem to authoring
>> tools that didn't do something about it--and frankly, I'd expect
>> an authoring tool to give a dialog like that anyway, even if they
>> weren't concerned about market share.
>
> I don't. And I

Argh. A slip with keyboard shortcuts. Sorry.

You are being dogmatic about the alt text to a point of suggesting an
annoying modal dialog. Usually, needing a modal dialog is a bad sign.

Also, your solution does not solve the problem I outlined: It would
allow users to hit enter and other users would conclude that the tool
produces non-conforming markup. Therefore, the toolmaker is unlikely
to do what you suggested.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi