[whatwg] Comment Syntax and Parsing

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:01:25 +0000
Hi,

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
>Secondly, what will now be defined as a conforming comment syntax for use
>in a document?  Ignoring parsing requirements, is it safe to assume that
>HTML will borrow from the stricter XML comment syntax, which start with
>'<!--' and end with '-->' and does not contain '--' anywhere in between?

Ignoring what is a conforming comment, is it safe to assume that comments
should now be parsed roughly the same way as IE6 parses comments? I believe
that other browsers parse comments as IE6 does in their quirks mode, so they
could just use their quirks comment parsing code for standards mode aswell.

Regards,
Simon Pieters