[whatwg] Presentational elements in Web Applications 1.0

From: Eugene T.S. Wong <lists.eugenetswong@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:11:13 -0800
I guess I should have looked up the dictionary definition earlier on. I
just looked it up now, and 1 of the definitions for "title" is "a general
or descriptive heading for a section of a written work". I was wrong. If
we look up "heading", we can see the same idea. I must say that I'm pretty
surprised. I've never heard of anybody using "heading" & "title"
interchangeably, outside of HTML.

I still think that <H1> shouldn't be used to describe the title of a
document, but hey, what can we do when the dictionary disagrees? Then
again, the dictionary isn't right by default.

--
Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong