[whatwg] Update to the Adoption Agency Algorithm

Gervase Markham wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Errors caused by the result of duplicate IDs either in the markup or
>> indirectly as a result of badly nested elements can be fixed by a quick
>> visit to the validator (or other conformance tool) or by making use of
>> any or all of those tools I mentioned above.
>
> It's much harder to spot them when they are dynamically generated by
> e.g. a cloneNode operation. You can't submit your browser's DOM tree to
> the validator...

Any markup that causes a browser to automatically clone a node will be
non-conformant and will be flagged as erroneous by a validator.  Of
course it won't say duplicate ID, but it will give errors about badly
nested elements.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/