[whatwg] <blockquote cite> and <q cite>

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:49:55 +0000
Elliotte Harold wrote:

> It would be nice if user agents would make it a little more available
> without view source (e.g. with a tooltip as they do for acronym titles),
> but regardless more often than not a reader will not want to see the
> text of the cite.

Hmm, tooltips are a bit problematic, since there might also be a title
on the q or blockquote, a title on its container, or a title in its
contents. Also just displaying a cite attribute as a tooltip wouldn't be
pretty, as a cite is a URI and so not very human readable. One of the
features I'd like to add to my Hypertextuality extension is
automatically fetching metadata from cited pages. I'm not sure how best
to display it however.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis