[whatwg] <blockquote cite> and <q cite>

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:22:00 +0100
I saw a recent draft introduced semantics for <blockquote> being followed
paragraph which also contains a <cite>. Perhaps this <cite> element can
contain a single element <a> which contains the source of the quote?

So we can drop the unsupported cite="" attribute from both <blockquote>
and <q> or at least provide a way to have visual metadata. (I'm aware
cite="" is exposed in some way in some user agents, but that's not really
usable in any way...)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>