[whatwg] Is Scope Sufficient? (Re: Dual mode for client?)

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> > It appears that many of my suggestions are considered to be several
> > longer term participants to be "out of scope."
>
> "This specification is limited to providing a semantic-level
> markup language and associated semantic-level scripting APIs
> for authoring accessible pages on the Web ranging from static
> documents to dynamic applications."
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#scope

Thanks (btw, the spec is so big and slows my browser so much that I don't
refer to it as often as I should because it is just too painful to do so.
;-)  But I note that that section is non-normative.

That said, I'd like to question if the scope is actually sufficient?  If one
of the realities of the HTML5 spec is dealing with tag soup, I would think
that a scope that does not attempt to address that issue is A Bad Thing(tm).

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/