[whatwg] Bug in "Before DOCTYPE name state"?

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:42:24 +0100
2006/12/21, Anne van Kesteren:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:08:51 +0100, Thomas Broyer wrote:
>
> > In other words, why would <!DOCTYPE html> be "in error" while
> > <!DOCTYPE Html> wouldn't?
> >
> > My guess is that it's a bug in the "Before DOCTYPE name state".
>
> It's not. The "DOCTYPE name state" also has this paragraph: "Then, if the
> name of the DOCTYPE token is exactly the four letters "HTML", then mark
> the token as being correct. Otherwise, mark it as being in error."

Additional note: as I read this, if the DOCTYPE was previously marked
as being "in error", it should then be rolled back to being "correct"
if the DOCTYPE name is "HTML": <!DOCTYPEHTML> would *not* be marked
"in error".

That's probably not what's intended.

So I'll just code it so that these are "correct":
<!doctype html>
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
and every other lowercase/uppercase variant;
and thiese are "in error":

--
Thomas Broyer