[whatwg] Semantic styling languages in the guise of HTML attributes.

Matthew Raymond wrote:
>    I think it's clear from the context of my previous message
> that I was neither referring specifically to you, nor did I
> make any claim to know your thoughts.

Based on the language you chose, that wasn't clear to me at all. Let me
quote:

Matthew Raymond wrote:
> No, because you don't understand what you're
> really developing. ...  I may not like the
> idea of semantics styling languages, but what I like less is
> a series of half-a**ed unconscious attempts to create
> semantics styling integrated into HTML.

Maybe your is a use of language is different from that which I am not
familiar, but as I read it, "you" referred to me.  "You" can refer to the
collective, but your context didn't support that intrepretation. And the
"you" wouldn't have been bad had you not included the "half-a**ed
unconscious attempts" as part of your closing statement. As such, even if
you did mean "you, collectively", I still find it disrespectful.

Matthew Raymond wrote:
> There's nothing respectful about the tone of your reply.

I didn't intend for it to be; I was responding as I was responded to.

However, out of respect for everyone else on WHATWG this will be my last
comment on the list regarding the above issue.  If you want to debate the
merits and non-merits of adding semantics to HTML, or "semantic styling
languages" as you call it, I'll be more than happy to in a mutually
respectful context.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/