[whatwg] several messages about XML syntax and HTML5

From: Aankhen <aankhen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:27:08 -0800
On 12/18/06, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I would however definitely suggest better messages, since "WARNING"
> verges on being meaningless. Perhaps "HTML (corrupted)" and "XHTML
> (corrupted)" for documents that cite (or imply) a standard document type
> but clearly fail to conform to it, "text/html (non-standard variant)"
> for text/html documents that do not cite (or imply) a standard document
> type, and "XHTML (broken)" for non-well-formed XHTML.

"I was gonna go to this site I found on Google, but then I saw that it
was corrupted, so I figured it musta been a security issue or
something."

As for "text/html", it's just another string of technical jargon added
by those crazy Google guys.  Wonder what it means?

Perhaps you feel I'm exaggerating; in that case, go and ask any
non?computer savvy friends or relatives what it means if the HTML on a
page is corrupted.
--
Aankhen
(We have no branches)