[whatwg] several messages about XML syntax and HTML5

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 00:12:55 -0500
Ian Hickson wrote:

>> IMHO that's the kind of thing that belongs on the wiki
>> or as an opinion piece on the blog (feel free to post
>> either). But the spec should stay out of the way of
>> such arguments.

Well, I can't go beyond that.  But please realize that if the spec did
include it, even if it were a section out authors opinions, you'd likely see
improvement in the code out on the web. But opinions that have no authority
will be easily and willfully ignored.

>> > My *intention* for the wording was to give guidance to implementors
>> > such that they avoid all the Bad Things(tm) that you and others rant
>> > about
>> I don't rant about them. :-) I don't think I've actually said anything
>> about implementation strategies so far.

I meant guidance to "implementors of web pages," i.e. HTML authors.  You do
rant about them. :)

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/