[whatwg] Provding Better Tools (was: Re: 9.1.2.1: trailingslash and atheism)

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:07:41 +0100
2006/12/5, Mike Schinkel:
> >> I've just started (today) a .NET implementation (in C#):
> >> a parser as an XmlReader subclass and writers as XmlWriter
> >> and HtmlTextWriter subclasses.
>
> What license will you release under?

Probably the MIT licence, I'm not sure yet... What I'm sure is that
it'll be open-source and "embeddable in commercial products" (i.e.
it'll not be under the GNU GPL)

> Can this implementation (and others) be hosted somewhere that people
> would be willing to include in the spec, and recommend that it (and ones
> for other platforms) be used by implementors?

I'll make it available as soon as possible ?as soon as the basis of
the parser will be set up, hopefully by the end of the week?, probably
on a "forge" (SourceForge, CodePlex or Google Code).
I'll post the information on the list when it's done.

--
Thomas Broyer