[whatwg] Provding Better Tools (was: Re: 9.1.2.1: trailing slash and atheism)

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:14:19 -0500
James:

>> As someone in the process of implementing a HTML5
>> parser from the spec, my _only_ complaint so far is
>> that there aren't (yet) any testcases. The spec is
>> very clearly written and structured in such a way
>> that it can be converted almost directly to code
>> (of course, not all implementers will want to use
>> the exact architecture this implies).

And you are smarter than most. ;-) Seriously.  For one you are here on this
list.

Consider: intelligence is definitely not a prerequiste for ambition.
You should have seen some of the components I reviewed...

>> The spec shouldn't contain references to implementations.
>> However the wiki should contain such a list (see
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Implementations ).

Then minimally the spec should at least contain (something like):

	"Implementors SHOULD NOT use string concatonation and
	SHOULD use one of the HTML5 components listed here:
	http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Implementations"

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/