[whatwg] Content Model Restrictions on table>tr in HTML

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 03:52:57 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> [...] section 9.2 defines syntax and parsing rules together.

No, it doesn't. It doesn't define the syntax at all. It defines how to
parse the syntax, and what to report as a syntax error, but that section
has no normative criteria that apply to documents.

> I may be able to make additional suggestions once someone showed me an
> example of HTML syntax where a 'p' element has a 'pre' child element.

Such a document is impossible to construct declaratively with the HTML
format, it can only be declaratively constructed with the XML syntax.