[whatwg] markup as authored in practice

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:59:44 -0500
James Graham wrote:

> This is nonsense. flickr, blogger, wordpress and many other popular
> systems that allow user-provided content (as opposed to author provided)
> all use angle brackets.

WordPress allows angle brackets. However I almost never use them.
Instead I use its markdown format. Most other users do the same, I
think. By default these days WordPress ships with a WYSIWYG editor
(which I turned off because it blows chunks, but there are better ones
out there).

I suspect the others you mention are similar. I don't ever remember
using angle brackets on Blogger, but it's been a while.

?Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!