[whatwg] Allow trailing slash in always-empty HTML5 elements?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 00:05:28 -0500
Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> XML parsing for HTML on the web is totally impractical and I
>> really do not understand the desire to do so.

It is frequently difficult for someone of advanced skills to understand why
the average person struggles with a given technology.  It seems to me that
web technologies should target the average person (not the advanced person)
as that's why it has previously been successful.

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/