[whatwg] xml:lang and xmlns in HTML

> > What do you think?
>
> I don't think it's a goal for the two serialisations to have a common
> subset.

I want to cut and paste MathML and SVG and other things into my web
pages. I think I understand the difference between the XML and HTML5
serializations better than the average person, but I still want to do
it.

I don't care about XML, or what the subset ends up being. I want to
use some existing XML application vocabularies in an HTML5 DOM.

There are certainly risks inherent in endorsing this, but I think most
of them are social. Are we worried that this will result in an unruly
population of extensions and a Tower of Babel problem?

--

Robert Sayre