From: Michel Fortin <michel.fortin@michelf.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:51:39 -0400
Le 29 ao?t 2006 ? 23:00, Lachlan Hunt a ?crit :

> Michel Fortin wrote:
>> How can we markup removed or inserted list items? Here's a general
>> idea:
>>     <ul>
>>     </ul>
>
> This can be solved by putting the ins and del elements as the only
> child nodes of the li elements instead.
>
> <ul>
> </ul>

The meaning of your markup is that you inserted and deleted some text
within each list item, not that you added or deleted a list item like
in mine. Semantically there is a difference, subtle maybe but still
there.

Also, while your markup gives the same visual rendering while using
the default browser stylesheet (which underlines <ins> and
overstrikes <del>), the result will be completely different if you
want to hide the inserted or deleted parts. Using this CSS rule:

     del { display: none }

you'll see a one-item list for my markup, while for your markup
you'll see a second, empty list item.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/