[whatwg] [wf2] Late comments and questions on Web Forms 2.0

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Ian Hickson wrote:
> >> 2.14.
> >> "Authors may include an accept  attribute on textarea elements to indicate the
> >> type of content expected. User agents may use this attribute to provide more
> >> appropriate editors, syntax highlighting, spelling checkers, etc. The value of
> >> the attribute must be a single text-based MIME type (for example, text/plain,
> >> message/news, image/svg+xml)."
> >>
> >> Are MIME type parameters allowed?
> >
> >Sure. It's just a MIME type.
>
> The draft prohibits parameters; if parameters are allowed the attribute
> values should be compared case-sensitively, not c-i as HTML4 defines.

I think we're talking about different parts of the spec. The "accept"
attribute in 2.14 is for <textarea> and is new to WF2. It is vaguely
defined and has no UA conformance requirements. It is mostly intended to
spurr implementors into coming up with new interaction models for
<textarea> and that's why it's quite vague at the moment; we don't really
know what the requirements are.