[whatwg] some feedback on Web Apps 1.0 client-side storage

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> > > Looks good. But I think developers would also like to be sure
> > > that the browser won't delete anything, say, while a script is
> > > running.
> >
> > Can we guarantee this? How about if the user empties their storage
> > areas?
>
> Then the UA might have to terminate any running script(s) (perhaps
> after warning the user and giving the user an option to cancel the
> emptying).

Do we really want to require this? I agree that a user agent may wish
to do this, but it seems that the interaction of the user deleting
data and running scripts accessing that data would be something that
could be safely left undefined, since it doesn't directly impact
interoperability.