[whatwg] some feedback on Web Apps 1.0 client-side storage

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:31:03 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Erik Arvidsson wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> > > 3.4.2 "DOM Node objects" browser DOM nodes often have state that isn't
> > > apparent in the DOM --- e.g., the contents of a <canvas>, or the state of
> > > form controls. Please clarify that this state is not restored and ONLY the
> > > listed attributes and children may be restored.
> >
> > Added a note to this effect.
>
> Shouldn't the rules for this be identical to the rules for cloneNode in DOM 3?

DOM3 Core doesn't really define what cloneNode() does, so it is a poor
model to follow. Also, one of the things it _does_ define is something we
can't do, namely calling the NODE_CLONED UserDataHandler (because the two
nodes don't exist at the same time).

Is there something in the spec for Storage that you feel differs from the
way cloneNode() works?