[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 - repetition model control

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> ROBO Design wrote:
>> What would probably be better:
>> <input type="template" for="some-template-ID"
>> action="add|remove|move-up|move-down">
>
> If you want it done like that, then at least use type="button".  That
> way, users of legacy UAs don't get confused by a strange text box that
> they don't know what to put into it, but rather end up with a button
> that does nothing when clicked.  Neither are ideal from a usability
> perspective, but the button seems like better graceful degradation.
>
> However, <button type="add"> already does that, so I'd just leave it as is.

Actually, after a little more thought, the action attribute you
suggested may actually be better for graceful degradation.  but instead
of using type="template" or type="button", use type="submit" for either
<input> or <button>:

<input type="submit" action="add" template="foo" value="Add Row"> OR
<button type="submit" action="add" template="foo">Add Row</button>

That solves the problem with IE, where <button> defaults to push button
instead of submit.  It could be defined that buttons with a valid and
known action attribute don't submit the form, but rather behave
according to the action attribute.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/