[whatwg] [wf2] Note about XML attribute value handling

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Could we perhaps make a note about this in the WF2 specification:
>   <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#AVNormalize>
>
> Preferably somewhere close to <input type=hidden>. My weblog used to run
> on XHTML and previewed weblog comments where stored inside the VALUE
> attribute of a hiddenINPUT element (actually, that is still the case).
> As XHTML means the above mentioned XML rule applies all formatting got
> lost. That was a major problem for white-space significant replies.
> (Replies using the PRE element.)

<input type="hidden"> works just fine with existing UAs even when one
uses application/xhtml+xml provided that all meaningful whitespace has
been converted to entities. &#10; for LF, &#13; for CR and so on. PHP,
for example, provides function htmlentities() exactly for this purpose.

It would be nice to have a note about that somewhere in the spec. I too
found it hard way.

--
Mikko