[whatwg] charset attribute of HTMLScriptElement

oo... sory there was no Cc: whatwg at whatwg.org
send again.

--
hi Ian :

> On Mon, 2 May 2005, Toshirou Takahashi wrote:
> > >
> > > You can already do this -- just include the correct encoding
> > > information in the Content-Type header for the JS file, as in:

> > It is a good method. I also agree and I can do.
> >
> > However, how do you do when the user cannot use cgi , .htaccess etc ?
>
> When using systems that are unable of basic compliance with existing Web
> standards, it is possible to include the character encoding in the "type"
> attribute of the <script> element, as follows:
>
>    <script type="text/javascript;charset=utf-8">
>    </script>

I also know the method.  However, to our regret,
I have not seen the good operation on any browser...
Charset atribute functions well of course.

[ Test ]
http://jsgt.org/whatwg/wa102121script/

ToUtf8FromSjisByType.html

<script type = "text/javascript;charset=Shift_JIS"
        src  = "./sjis.js"></script>

Win
	IE6		ng
	Firefox0.8	ng
	Opera8.0	ng

ToSjisFromUtf8ByType.html

<script type = "text/javascript;charset=utf-8"
        src  = "./utf8.js"></script>

Win
	IE6		ng
	Firefox0.8	ng