[whatwg] [WF2] Objection to autocomplete Attribute

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Then, please at least deprecate it.  If it's only being defined to help
> with interopable implementations, that's fine, but it's use should be
> discouraged as much as possible, therefore it should be deprecated.

If I understand correctly, your objection against "autocomplete" is that
it specifies UI behavior rather than semantic information about the data
(like a "sensitiveinput" attribute would).

This could easily be solved by keeping the name "autocomplete" but
redefine its sematics as indicating that the input data is sensitive. (the
recommended default UI in UA's that support autocompletion would still be
as described in the spec). Of course the name will be slightly misleading
now, but thats not a big deal. "checkbox" is also a name that suggest an
UI representation, but the semantics is still defined as UI neutral.

regards
Olav Junker Kj?r