[whatwg] [html5] DI element

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:58:33 +0100, Anne van Kesteren
<fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> The advantage of DI is that it allows grouping of definitions and
> therefore takes away the importance of element order. It also has a
> semantic advantage to group these elements. From a structural point of
> view it is very difficult for current DL element constructs to see which
>   (DT, DD) are bound together as a single entry.

Well, I'm not sure if it's not already clear that, without a
definition term, there can be no new definition descriptions. It is on
the same route as the SECTION element for XHTML 2.0, which allows you
to group elements, but I doubt it it is of much use. Example:

<h2>Heading
automatically start with a new heading, not with another paragraph

I think it's kinda double. But hey, maybe I'm missing something?
--
Cheers,
Rob.

http://zooibaai.nl  |  http://digital-proof.org  |  http://chancecube.com