[whatwg] modal and modeless windows

On 26 Jun 2005 at 20:06, Karl Pongratz wrote:

>  I am talking about applications where it is harmful or where it
> doesn't make sense to display the form again or to access it via the web
> browser history.

That web application should be re-written.

* "Back" is simple and usable
The "Back" button idiom is spreading from the web into normal
applications. For example, there is a big, prominent "back" button in
Windows XP's UI in many control panel features.

* "Back" can enhance your web app with features the users want
Just a few days ago I had to type much more than necessary to
schedule several bills with different reference numbers because my
online bank app does not allow me to use back button and edit data.
What if it had detected a "double submit" and given me the option of
adding a new payment or updating the previously scheduled payment?
That's just one example of a situation where the user really wants
some functionality provided by the back button and the app should
adapt.
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
http://www.hallvord.com/