[whatwg] iso8601

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Kai Hendry wrote:

> Don't quite understand this. How can it fall back onto ISO8601?

It doesn't. It's the other way around. The value in the page is the value
used by HTML4 browsers, as opposed to HTML5 browsers (which ignore it).

> I was a bit confused about this value="DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM". This must
> dictate how the form processor expects input.

No; but please see the spec for more details.

> > ISO8601 support is not required; one is only required to support what
> > the WF2 spec says.
>
> I thought that the UA would have to feed the ISO8601 time to the form
> processor.
>
> http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#extensions

As you can see from that section, however, the ISO8601 reference is only
needed for the semantics, not for the actual encoding. The latter is fully
defined in the spec.