[whatwg] [html5] window.print() undefined

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:

> However, I think am starting to see what you're seeing. Basically, your
> approach is to provide all content in the DOM tree and then flip
> switches as needed to present it to various media types. Right?

Right.

> Essentially, you are creating all-in-one DOM tree, where all content
> co-exists in the same DOM space, then providing illusion of disparate
> DOM spaces by turning on/off parts of the tree as needed using CSS. In a
> way, you are using CSS to control representation of information, rather
> than just content presentation.

I guess. I'm not sure I understand the difference.

> But what about the cases where content needs to be reordered or just
> plain needs to be slightly different? Is that still realm of CSS?

Anything that is just changing the presentation without changing the
semantics is the realm of CSS. Reordering certainly so. There are several
lines of study in the CSSWG right now about reordering, in fact.