[whatwg] Input type=date UI discussion

On 7/12/05, Dean Edwards <dean at edwards.name> wrote:
> Jim Ley wrote:
> > On 7/12/05, Dean Edwards <dean at edwards.name> wrote:
> >> Yeah. We are copying the windows common controls.
>
> We can't actually use them (common controls). The date control, for
> example, may not be installed. Besides, we don't want to for other
> reasons...

That's fine I understand that, so please go for a sensible, but
neutral approach, and don't try to ape the windows controls when you
can't do it, Mozilla don't ape the native controls, Opera don't ape
the native controls.  This is a sensible approach when for other
reasons you can't use the native controls, as indeed you can't if
you're going for the HTC use anywhere approach.

> Jim, we've been round the block on use of the <object> element. If you
> have anything new to add then let's hear it.

This is nothing to do with the use of the Object element debate, and I
can't understand why you think it is.

Jim.