[whatwg] [html5] STYLE and SCRIPT elements should not be closed at </

From: J. King <mtknight@dark-phantasy.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:36:06 -0500
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:41:46 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> That would mean giving up the fiction that HTML is an SGML application.

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't that prevent it from being an XML
application as well?  I thought XML too great pains to be compatible with
SGML.  If such a change would not prevent a hypothetical HTML 5 from being
a conformant XML application, why can the rules not be expressed in SGML?

--
J. King
http://jking.dark-phantasy.com/