[whatwg] [Web Forms 2.0] Last minute suggestion - The <format> element.

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:24:05 -0500
Jim Ley wrote:
> No, please see all the previous unconcluded discussion, I'm very much
> in favour of Mathews proposal here, it does a very good job of
> addressing the fallback problems with dates.

    Thanks. I believe some of the fallback concerns that <format>
addresses were originally brought up by you in the mailing list.

    The one thing that still concerns me about my <format> suggestion is
how browsers should parse the contents of a <format> element. We don't
want different browsers processing the string differently, yielding
browser-dependent date/time formats. Any suggestions?