[whatwg] For Japanese language users, Web Forms should have a way to active/deactive for IME

On Jan 21, 2005, at 13:57, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>
>> And yes, I have been on the other side as well. I think the lack of an
>> "en-dash" list-style-type in CSS forces foreign bulleted list
>> typography
>> on Finns. Still, I was unable to convince the editor of the relevant
>> spec that such a list-style-type should be added.
>
> You mean list-style-type: hyphen?
>
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-lists/#glyphs

With the U+2013 EN DASH rendering, yes.

> That's been in CSS3 Lists drafts since 2002.

But the primary character given in the spec is U+2043 HYPHEN BULLET,
which does not look right even when a real-world font happens to
support it.

Let's hope the availability of U+2013 EN DASH in Windows-1252 and
MacRoman repertoires lead implementors to use it instead of U+2043
HYPHEN BULLET.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi