[whatwg] For Japanese language users, Web Forms should have a way to active/deactive for IME

From: Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hallvors@online.no>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:41:38 +0100
On 18 Jan 2005 at 8:51, Henri Sivonen wrote:

>  If Kotoeri was suddenly disabled and the user still pressed return as
> if using Kotoeri, the form would be submitted prematurely.

Unlike us, Japanese users know what they are doing when using an IME
:)
It is actually very annoying to, say, submit double-width characters
to a server that expects ASCII. I think this is a good suggestion and
my gut feeling is it should be an attribue, too much to do with
functionality to be CSS.
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
http://www.hallvord.com/