[whatwg] For Japanese language users, Web Forms should have a way to active/deactive for IME

From: Olav Junker Kjr <olav@olav.dk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:37:16 +0100

> Name(Kanji): <input type="text" imestate="active" />
> Name(Kana): <input type="text" imestate="active" />
> Tel: <input type="text" imestate="disabled" />
> Memo: <textarea imestate="auto" />

I assume the requirements are that input in the first two fields must be
in the specified scripts, the memo may be in whatever script the user
wishes, and the tel will be a sequence of numbers?

The tel field will probably have a patten defined like pattern="\d{10}"
or something, and a really smart UA could figure out what input method
to use.

As for the different scripts, the question is whether the script should
just be a hint to the UA or a requirement for valid input. Would it be
useful to be able to set a constraint like script="kanji" (and
script="numbers") ?

Olav Junker Kj?r