[whatwg] For Japanese language users, Web Forms should have a way to active/deactive for IME

From: Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:39:14 +0900

Henri Sivonen <hsivonen at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2005, at 17:53, Masayuki Nakano wrote:
>
> > I think that Web Forms should have a way to active or deactive for IME.
>
> Why? Why would it be the page author's business at all to control what
> input method the user chooses for entering text? How would the user
> tell how the page author has affected text input short of trying and
> seeing what happens?

In the case of many, this is needed on Intranet Applications.
On intranet applications, the users know which input element is
auto-activate IME.
In such case, the users hope IME state is controled by UA.

--
Masayuki Nakano <masayuki at d-toybox.com>
Mozilla Japan http://www.mozilla-japan.org/ (written in Japanese)