[whatwg] For Japanese language users, Web Forms should have a way to active/deactive for IME

Thank you for reply.

Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:
> If this is the same as IE's ime-mode, it might as well be specified the
> same way its implemented in IE, as a css propery named ime-mode/imeMode.
Yes. my proposal function is same as IE's ime-mode property.
(but I adding a new value, because it should be existing)

> Since it doesn't really change the semantics of the element but only the
> UI, it makes sense as a css property.
I think IME controlling is semantics of the document.
e.g.,
Name:<input id="name" />
Tel:<input id="tel" />
On Japanese language system, input#name should be active IME by UA.
This reason is the name must be written in Japanese on many systems.
I think it is not a presentation. It is semantic.

This should not be implemented by CSS.

--
Masayuki Nakano<masayuki at d-toybox.com>