[whatwg] [wf2] Restrict template attributes to only fieldset, tr, and li?

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, dolphinling wrote:

> > What is the reasoning? I think it is very useful that they apply to
> > every element, including non-XHTML elements.
>
> Because they're form attributes, they have no relation to anything
> except forms. Semantically, there's no reason they *should* apply to any
> non-form elements.

If I'm writing a story (with contenteditable), and I have some UI to add
more paragraphs (that interacts directly with the DOM for the repetition
stuff, even), then they could apply without any forms present at all.

> If HTML were namespaced

FWIW, as of HTML5, it is.

> I would say that form elements should be in their own namespace.

I'm not sure what you mean here.